PROVIDER COMPLIANCE REPORT CARD
OPWDD will be convening a work group on the Report Card “dashboard.” This dashboard will include information regarding provider’s performance on surveys and various performance criteria including Person Centered Planning regulations/requirements. When DQI rolled out a new survey design in 2017, part of their chief goals were to have uniform data that could be measured, and was available and transparent for the provider community. The Report cards/dashboards are intended for just this purpose as DQI aims at improving overall quality of the service system as well.
OPWDD anticipates rolling out the dashboard in two phases:
● 2018: ability to report on general information about the developmental disability system in New York State including:
○ Number/percent of certified sites and programs
○ Regional breakdown of certified sites/programs and maximum capacity
○ Number/rate of deficiencies per certified site/program per agency
○ Number of deficiencies by level of severity of the deficiency
○ Enforcement actions
OPWDD will also be able to report whether deficiencies were received for five key areas:
○ Person Centered Planning
○ Health and Safety (e.g., Individual Safeguards, Fire Safety, Physical Plant, Personal Allowance)
○ Rights and Community Inclusion
○ Risk Factors (e.g., Behavioral Supports and Medication Administration)
○ Care Coordination
● 2019: ability to comprehensively assess provider agency performance with the addition of the new agency review tool. As part of the agency review, other reporting areas will include staffing and staff training.