IATS oversees the transportation of over 6,000 adults with developmental disabilities daily to and from day programs throughout the Greater New York Metropolitan area.
IATS, a contract transportation system which offers centralized oversight and coordination, as well as standardized fiscal and operational procedures, as created in 2006 in response to a system in disarray.
To realize its Mission "to ensure the safe and efficient transportation of adults with developmental disabilities to and from their day service programs", the InterAgency Transportation System provides:
- Oversight of the bus companies, including inspection of their vehicles and review of their personnel files to verify all clearance, training and licensure requirements are met;
- Live call-in service, from te first pick-up in the morning until the last drop-off in the evening, so that both the program staff and families always have someone to speak with and have their concerns answered;
- Route management so that individuals are not subject to long rides or overcrowded buses;
- Compliance assurance by resolving complaints and facilitating the incident reporting process; and
- A centralized contracting process allows IATS to secure the best pricing and service options for its members through a bid process that meets all standards of due diligence.